Monday, September 22, 2014

Best to Bypass Create Space Offer to Send Kindle Download

Hi All,
Just a quick line to say that I am in the process of uploading the second-edition of this book to Kindle. I am using Comic Creator and thought I'd share a couple of tips I've learned along the way.
First and foremost it is best to start this project when well-rested as quite a bit of patience is required. I have learned that when uploading a new book, after several months of not using the Comic Creator installation; it is just best to delete and start a new install from scratch. Kindle is constantly updating, and it's best to have the most current program to upload your document.
Second, don't think, as I did, that you can just convert your Create Space .DOC file to .JPEG. Ughm, just as with life, it isn't that simple. After reading a few author experiences, I agree that it's just best to start the Kindle upload, converting each picture to 1280 x 800 with 72 dpi instead of bothering with the Create Space file. Of course, I am a pure novice at this programming "thing;" however, it seems to be a consensus for the majority that Create Space and Kindle are a bit like apples and oranges.
Lastly, don't get discouraged if for some inexplicable reason your Kindle upload crashes in process. For this reason it's a great idea to save your converted jpeg pictures in a folder until the process is complete. This is a word to and from the wise as I have had to restart the process a couple of times. Thankfully, it 'dissolved' after two or three pages, and not at the end; which explains my first tip: Be patient and persistent.
That's all for now.Godspeed.

No comments: